Commenting on the labour market statistics, published today by the ONS, David Kern, Chief Economist at the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) said:
The Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Provider Network are keen to hear views from employers across Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire about 16-24 Youth Unemployment and how you feel about Apprenticeships.
The University of Bedfordshire’s Knowledge Hub has teamed up with Central Bedfordshire Council and Bedford Borough Council to launch an innovative leadership and management training programme aimed at business professionals looking to develop their skills set.
- BCC’s Quarterly Economic Survey for Q1 2013 shows progress, with almost all major balances improving compared with Q4 2012.
- British businesses are resilient, but many balances are still below pre-recession levels and growth remains too low.
- John Longworth: “These results provide a glimpse of the as-yet-distant sunlit uplands of recovery. Businesses up and down the country are working hard to drive the economy, create jobs and export, but they cannot accelerate this process alone.”
Do you own your own company? Do you need to attract more customers? Would you benefit from some marketing advice? A new documentary series about SMEs wants to hear from you.
There's still time to enter the East of England's Local Impact Awards with Business in the Community. This year BITC have seven categories open to companies based or operating in the region.
Commenting on the speech on banking delivered by Business Secretary Vince Cable, Dr Adam Marshall, Director of Policy and External Affairs at the British Chambers of Commerce, said:
Bedfordshire Chamber of Commerce has expressed concern at opposition to plans to develop London Luton Airport by local interest groups in Hertfordshire saying they ignore the importance of the airport to the local and sub-regional economy.
- GDP in Q4 2012: -0.3% on the quarter; flat on the year
- Manufacturing output: -1.5% on the quarter; -2% on the year
- Services output: flat on the quarter; +1.4% on the year