Businesses can encourage staff to travel more sustainably to work thanks to business grants available from Central Bedfordshire’s Travel Choices.
- BCC upgrades GDP growth forecasts from 2.7% to 2.8% in 2014 and from 2.4% to 2.5% in 2015
- UK GDP expected to exceed its pre-recession peak in Q2 2014 – one quarter earlier than we forecast in December
- The first increase in UK interest rates expected in Q3 2015 to 0.75%
- BCC predicts that wage growth will exceed inflation from mid-2014
- The youth unemployment rate is expected to remain almost three times the national average over the forecast period (2014 – 2016)
The e-FM Network of Finance Directors & Specialists have been shortlisted in the FSB Business Awards 2013. The company which provides flexible financial management resource to SMEs up to Finance Director/ Non Executive Director levels will be celebrating this achievement with stakeholders and other successful companies at a prestigious awards dinner on the 6th of June at the Luton Hoo Luxury Hotel.
Local fitness instructor Jackie Neufville and her fitness company Fittville UK Ltd are organising a charity Spin-a-thon consisting of 6 hours of spinning on bikes to raise money for Luton’s homelessness charity NOAH Enterprise. Participants will be spinning for between one hour and potentially the whole day!
A group aimed at sharing the experiences and concerns of businesses in Dunstable and Houghton Regis was launched at the Holiday Inn Express, Dunstable this week. Bedfordshire Chamber of Commerce held the inaugural meeting of the Dunstable and Houghton Regis Business Group, chaired by Chamber director Richard Cooper of ASA Business Consulting, at the hotel which was recently voted Dunstable Hospitality Venue of the Year 2012.
Having recently completed a £3.5 million facility investment across its two specialist venues, Wyboston Lakes has announced a significant new space for training events, the Willows Conference Suite.
Commenting on the labour market statistics, published today by the ONS, David Kern, Chief Economist at the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) said: