There are a wide range of benefits when using a commercial property agent, such as Robinson & Hall, to assist you with the disposal of a property, by lease or sale, or when acquiring a property, either as a purchaser or a tenant. We have detailed a number of these key advantages below.
Selling/letting your property
• No obligation market appraisal.
We offer a no obligation market appraisal where we will visit the property and then provide advice to you on the best methods of marketing the property, timing and the potential sale price or rent.
• Valuable advice when preparing a property to launch to the market.
Once you have decided to sell/let your property we will advise on what pre-marketing works need to be completed to maximise the value and how to set a property up for marketing, We will assist with taking photos of the property to present it in the best light and prepare a professional and detailed set of marketing particulars. All of this helps to ensure you get the best out of your sale/letting.
• Advice and guidance to ensure the required statutory compliances are met.
These include advice on:
o Requirements for planning permission, use class changes and lawful use certificates
o Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
o Asbestos survey (if applicable)
o Details of business rates
• Access to multiple marketing platforms.
Our properties are marketed on a variety of online property portals which increases the property’s exposure to interested parties.
• Access to a database of interested parties.
We send properties to suitable applicants on our database. Sometimes this means we can find a buyer/tenant prior to launching the property to the open market.
• Analyse suitability of the purchaser/tenant
We carry out reference checks on all tenants to ensure their financial position will enable them to cover the rent.
As well as assisting in the sale or letting of commercial properties we also regularly carry out property searches for those looking to purchase or rent a property. The benefit of using an agent in these instances are as follows:
• We listen to your aims and requirements which enables us to narrow down potential properties to those which best suit your needs. This saves you time searching through properties on the market.
• We have in-depth knowledge of the local area. This information is valuable as we are often aware of properties before they come to the market meaning you can be first in line. We also have knowledge of recent sales/lettings which we can use to advise on any offers you may wish to submit.
• We can help you to think outside your normal parameters and view properties that you wouldn’t have ever considered but could be suitable.
• We have experience in identifying common issues with properties. This may identify any issues which might mean you don’t want to proceed or that you aware of potential future outgoings.
• Guidance and advice on what you may be liable for as a purchaser or tenant such as stamp duty land tax, solicitor costs, fit out costs and any other costs.
Key benefits for both parties
• Reduce unnecessary stress arising from the transaction.
• Save you money in the long term. Using a professional may look like an additional cost but often this cost is offset against savings elsewhere in terms of your time or identifying particular issues with a property early.
• Save you time. The process can be extremely time consuming. By narrowing down the number of properties you need to consider we can give you more time to run your own business.
• Negotiate on your behalf, using our knowledge of the local property market to ensure you achieve best value.
• Using an agent to act on your behalf gives you credibility as it indicates your commitment to the process.
For more information or to find out how Robinson & Hall’s Commercial Property Services department can help you please contact Tessa Smith, Commercial Property Surveyor on 01234 362939 or email email@example.com