SEMLEP High Growth Business Adviser Sandra Edwards has more than 18 years’ marketing experience in a variety of industries, working with B2B and B2C organisations.
Since the beginning of 2020, she has been helping business leaders across Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire to put their organisations on track for attainable long-term growth through SEMLEP’s fully-funded, intensive growth programme Growth Curve.
In this blog, she shares her top tips to help growing businesses:
• Identify the top three problems of your target customers and solve them, so that your products and services are relevant to their needs. Always keep up-to-date with your customers’ changing needs
• Always set goals for your business. If you don’t know where you are going, how will you know when you get there?
• Schedule time to work on your business in order to create strategies to drive your business forward in the right direction to achieve its goals
• Monitor and measure your results across your business. If you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it
• Create systems and processes to increase efficiency within your business to save you time and money. It will also help free you from the day-to-day running of the business as well as help you to scale up the business for future growth
• Keep an eye on the figures. Regular monitoring and reporting on your financial figures is important. Use the results from your reports to enhance your strategic decision making and take action where needed
• Work at maintaining a positive mindset. What you consume and the people you surround yourself with will impact you. Negative news and negative people, poor diet and lack of exercise will all drain you physically and mentally. Alternatively, positive news and positive people, a healthy diet with plenty of exercise will energise you, clarify your thinking and make you more resilient when faced with obstacles in your path. You’ll come from a place of can do instead of can’t do.
To get more expert advice like this sign up to SEMLEP’s Growth Curve programme at https://www.semlepgrowthhub.com/growth-curve/ before it ends on June 30.
Growth Curve is open to businesses which are experiencing or projecting high growth in the next two to three years, have a minimum of two full-time employees, a current annual turnover of £100,000 with projected 20 per cent annual growth minimum.