We are here to help support and protect businesses during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Useful resources from the local business community
Below, we've listed some of the most helpful and local resources which should provide you with the information you're looking for. However, if you would you like to speak with us personally, you can get in touch here.
Firstly, The local councils have launched their e-form application for the Small Business and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Funds:
- Find the latest updates to temporary changes to the VAT payments due between 20 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 to help businesses manage their cashflow here.
- We have a member to member emergency help line if you are looking for Legal, HR or Financial support. Details can be found here.
- British Chambers of Commerce Covid-19 Business Guidance Hub is aimed at ensuring you have access to a single portal for the latest guidance.
- Guidance on business support for grant funding has just gone live. The guidance sets out details of eligibility and delivery of Small Business Grants Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund. Details here.
- The Chamber team remains fully available albeit remotely, with the Global Services team ready to support your export documentation requirements. We have taken the decision to postpone all events for the foreseeable future and are currently exploring opportunities to make our events virtual.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) opened on 23 March and is now available through participating lenders. The scheme provides the lender with a government backed guarantee potentially enabling a no credit decision from a lender to become a yes. Details can be found here.
- The Job Retention Scheme is also not currently live but the latest details can be found here.
For access to:
- Furlough leave letter template – this is also available in the document library
- Job Retention Scheme Q&A – 42 questions with answers – created in partnership with the BCC
- VAT Deferral – updated information – from our Tax Team
Access by simply logging into your Chamber member account here. If you've forgotten your details, just get in touch with a member of our team.